New Government Standards May Affect Your Water Heater Choice
If you’re ready to replace your water heater, please talk to your North Carolina propane company about your options. Important changes in water heaters have recently been made that may affect your choice!
This is especially true if you have an old tank water heater that is currently inside a closet, alcove or other tight space. If this sounds like your situation, you may not be able to replace it with a new tank water heater! That’s because new water heaters being manufactured today have increased at least two inches in both height and width because of new water heating efficiency standards mandated by the U.S. Department of Energy.
If this is an issue in your home, you can overcome these space constraints by choosing a propane tankless water heater:
- Compact unit that hangs right on a wall – convenient and less of an eye sore.
- Tankless water heaters eliminate standby energy losses that occur in storage tank systems because they only heat water on demand.
- A tankless system can average a flow rate of hundreds of gallons per hour, you can always count on having plenty of hot water for your family.
- Tankless systems last twice as long as tank water heaters and produces twice as much hot water.
- Produce 50% less emissions than electric water heaters.
If that’s not enough, you may also qualify for rebates of up to $300 when you install a tankless water heater. Read more about these savings opportunities here.
Your propane company will be glad to give you advice and answer your questions. Go here to learn how a tankless water heater works. If you would like to find out which water heater may work best for your home, click here.