10 Facts You May Not Know About Propane in North Carolina
Propane is one of the safest and most versatile fuels available, and that’s just the beginning of the reasons why North Carolinians enjoy using this clean, American-made fuel. With a built-in supply of fuel on their property, folks can take comfort in knowing that they always have easy access to fuel, thanks to their dependable local propane supplier.
We’ve compiled a top ten list of facts to give you more insight into North Carolina’s own propane industry.
- Propane is a billion dollar industry in North Carolina.
- There are more than 400 licensed propane suppliers in our state.
- Our propane industry has more than 2,200 retail employees.
- There are 335,000 North Carolina households using propane.
- There are propane customers and locations in all 100 counties.
- North Carolina has more retail locations than any other state.
- Propane companies deliver more than 400 million gallons of propane each year.
- Propane is 97% domestically produced (Made in the U.S.A.)
- Propane is green—propane emits fewer greenhouse emissions than gasoline, diesel and electricity.
- Propane is safe and versatile, and it can even be integrated with solar for combined heat and power applications. Other popular uses include:
- Home appliances
- crop drying and irrigation
- commercial lawn mowers
- outdoor living
- fuel for hot air balloons
Take a look at the many ways you can use propane in your North Carolina home.