Cooking, Heating and More Appliances: Propane Gives You Versatility and Value
It’s amazing how many different ways you can use propane. It’s a super versatile fuel that can be used to fuel fireplaces, clothes dryers, outdoor grills, space heaters, water heaters, generators and more. Of course, propane can also heat your entire home as well.
When you use propane appliances in your North Carolina home, you’re going to see the savings. Because propane is such an efficient fuel, your energy expenses will go down and you’ll be getting even better value and comfort than you get from other heating sources.
Let’s take a closer look at the many propane appliances and other propane-powered equipment you can use to your advantage.
Warm up your home with propane
With a propane furnace, you’ll get warmer than you would on electric heat, and those cold – even chilly – nights will become a thing of the past. There’s really nothing like reliable, toasty comfort on a cold winter evening.
When you have a propane furnace, the indoor temperature is, simply, much higher. And don’t worry: you’re not sacrificing anything when it comes to efficiency! The thermal energy produced by a propane furnace is enough to heat your home – no backup system needed!
Serve up memorable meals by cooking with propane
Rather than feeling frustrated by an electric stove’s limitations, many people in North Carolina choose to use a propane gas stove/cooktop.
From more precise cooking control to quicker temperature changes – especially for lowering or shutting it off – propane is the way to go. And as a bonus, your propane gas stove will keep on working even if you lose power.
Propane fireplaces provide a warm glow
Take a look at just a few of the many benefits of propane gas fireplaces.
- Real flames: Propane gas fireplace provide actual flames, rather than the “fake” flames you get from electric fireplaces.
- Maintenance-free: Tired of getting up to add a log to the fire or getting rid of ashes? With a propane fireplace, those chores are a thing of the past. Unlike wood fireplaces, propane gas fireplaces require no maintenance. They are available in a range of styles and present a much lower risk of house fire. Making the conversion to a propane fireplace is also a good environmental move – research tells us that wood-burning fireplaces produce 4,000% more emissions than their propane counterparts.
- Indoor/outdoor uses: Offering a higher efficiency level than other sources of energy, propane gas fireplaces are great for inside or outside your home. You’ll get double the heat as wood fireplaces but spend about one-third the money. You’ll also enjoy about six times the heating capacity of an electric fireplace. And forget about ash, soot and smoke. Poof, they’re gone!
- Easy conversion: Converting from an old wood fireplace to a clean-burning and safe fireplace gas insert is easy.
Clothes drying with propane
Whether your laundry pile regularly looks like a mountain or a molehill, it’s easy to find a propane dryer with a capacity that works for you.
Quickly reaching the required temperature to dry clothes evenly, propane dryers operate for about half the cost of electric dryers. Clothes experience less wear and tear as a result of the moist heat of propane dryers, and your propane dryer’s moisture-sensing controls will automatically shut it off at just the right time.
Propane keeps the hot water flowing
Propane water heaters offer roughly double the water recovery rate of electric models, yet they cost up to 30% less to operate. They take up less space while fueling some of the most efficient water technologies currently on the market. Propane water heaters also offer a higher level of accuracy when it comes to temperature adjustment, along with offering more installation choices and size options. Read more about propane water heaters.
Take propane outside
Here are a number of ways you can enjoy your backyard with the efficiency and safety of propane.
- Lighting. Illuminate your yard with a wire-free, buzzing-sound-free, smell-free flickering torch light. For just pennies an hour, you can run propane-powered lights outside, and you can coordinate with your preferred décor and style.
- Fire bowls. Set the tone for your yard with a statement piece. A large fire bowl can serve as your centerpiece, or you can arrange a series of a few smaller ones. Either way, the smartphone- or tablet-operated ignition systems are sure to make your yard the talk of the town, and without the mess of a wood fire pit.
- Outdoor water heating. Forget about skipping a swim because the water’s just a little too cold! Heat your pool water more quickly – and more efficiently – than ever before with a propane pool heater. It’s more effective than electric, and worth the investment.
- Outdoor space heaters. When the weather cools down, you and your family and friends can stay warm out back with the help of a propane patio heater. Whether you get a freestanding or wall-mounted model, you’ll be set – even if you lose power.
- Turn on the grill. From portable and simple to built-in and high tech, propane gas grills offer clean-burning precision and even-cooking precision, all without dangerous chemicals, starter fluid and the mess you get with charcoal.
It’s worth the investment to get a whole-house propane generator. In the event of a power outage, you won’t miss a beat, whether you need to charge electronic devices, or keep your heating, cooling, lighting or other essentials running. A propane generator will also ease your mind if you have a security system, sump pump or medical equipment.
If you’d like more information about how you can benefit from propane, please contact your local propane company, and they’ll be happy to give you great advice and friendly assistance.